HOW TO GET THERE
From downtown Bariloche:
Bus: In summer season there is a minibus transfer to Pampa Linda. Get off at “Los Césares”, the trailhead is right across the road.
By car: 61 km total. Take route 40 towards El Bolsón, soon after Villa Mascardi at 36 km. there is a right turn off onto a gravel road. Another couple of hundred meters and you are at the Park Rangers Office “Mascardi”, where is the paid entrance fee to the National Park. From here there are 25 km. to Los Césares.
The road between Los Rápidos and Pampa Linda has timetables of restricted one direction:
- One way up: from 10 to 14 hs. from Los Rápidos.
- One way down: from 16 to 18 hs. from Pampa Linda.
- Two way road: from 19:30 to 9 hs.
- From 14 to 19:30 hs you cannot head towards Pampa Linda.
Close to Los “Césares”:
Camping area “ The 3 Poplars”- No services
Tronador Hotel – Open from November to April
- Pretty steep trail, watch out for roots sticking out.
- Take good shoes, slippery on lose terrain or mud.
- Follow the signs, stay on the trail.
The trail starts at Los Cesares, close to the shores of Mascardi lake on the road to Pampa Linda.
Trail is pretty steep, after roughly 45 minutes there is a detour right to the waterfall (the left continues on to Los Césares lake and Diego Flores de León peak.)
Follow the signs and stay on the trail.
Same trail to get back down.
TREKKING REGISTRATON IS NOT REQUIRED