HOW TO GET THERE
From downtown Bariloche:
Bus: In summer season there is a minibus transfer to Pampa Linda which takes roughly 2 hs. Reservation required.
By car: 85 km. total. Take route 40 towards El Bolsón, soon after Villa Mascardi at 36 km., there is a right turn off onto a gravel road. Another couple of hundred meters and you are at the Park Rangers Office “Mascardi”, where is the paid entrance fee to the National Park. From here there are 50 km. to Pampa Linda.
The road between Los Rápidos and Pampa Linda has timetables of restricted one direction:
- One way up: from 10 to 14 hs. from Los Rápidos.
- One way down: from 16 to 18 hs. from Pampa Linda.
- Two way road: from 19:30 to 9 hs.
- From 14 to 19:30 hs you cannot head towards Pampa Linda.
- One section is very steep, have good hiking shoes.
- Take plenty water
The trail starts next to the Park Rangers Office in Pampa Linda, same as the trail heading towards Otto Meiling Hut.
Roughly after one kilometer take a left detour which is marked with a sign “Mirador del Valle”, the trail is well marked and takes another hour and a half.
Take the same trail back down to Pampa Linda.